The Roost is proud to announce the launch of our creative scholarship for 2020.
Started in 2019, the scholarship has grown in size, value and prestige for this year. One local emerging creative will be given an amazing opportunity to get their ideas on track with a package worth more than $7000.
A big thank you to our friends at Newcastle Museum, The Business Centre and The Design Kids for contributing to the scholarship and supporting Newcastle’s creative community.
The scholarship includes:
– a year’s membership (including desk space) at The Roost
– 10 mentoring sessions with an adviser from The Business Centre
– an opportunity to showcase your work at Newcastle Museum (with promotional help from The Design Kids)
– $250 to go towards the hosting of your event
– $500 to go towards career development
– 4 one-on-one sessions with Roost members or Roost friends (eg The Design Kids) to learn about different areas of business
The Roost’s general manager Oliver Gaywood said, “For applicants looking for a few tips, we’re looking for someone who has a big idea and the potential and work ethic to match. We’re looking for evidence not only of creative skills, but also of a positive mindset and attainable goals.”
“Our first scholarship winner, Julia Jay, has been a huge part of our community this year and taken the opportunity with both hands. I’ve been incredibly impressed by her art and her attitude to improve her business and The Roost’s reputation.“
“A big thank you to everyone involved in making this happen, particularly Bec Dujin who laid the groundwork with all her incredible work last year.”
Applications are open from 6 November to 13 December 2019, with one emerging creative taking up their spot at The Roost from 1 January 2020.
The winner will be picked by a panel of five and announced publicly on 20 December 2019.